Are you looking for an environment where you can learn and do the best you can every day? TR Group are on the lookout for an awesome team player to join us!
At TR group, it’s our people that really make the difference. We know the heavy transport game inside out, and we’re totally focused on our customers. We may have over 6,500 of the best vehicles on the road, but we never forget that we're in the people business, and that our people make all the difference.
Our Fleet Sales team is getting busier and busier and as a result we need a Transport Engineer to help in our workshop.
You will love getting stuck into a job, helping where you can and learning on the go.
To be successful in the role, you will come to us with a few years under your belt working on heavy machinery, have a keen eye for detail and know when something just isn’t right. We require someone who has completed their trade certification and holds (or can obtain) the relevant welding qualification necessary for the type of repairs we undertake. Basic computer skills are a must, as communication and system input are important to work as a team.
Some large parts of the role include:
- light to heavy engineering - this may include wheel bases, body removal and fitment, making of draw beams and repairing the likes of roof poles and decks
- minor paint repairs, where deemed needed
- minor panel work (dependant on skill level)
- assisting in the delivery of vehicles to customers when required
- relocation of vehicles in peak season if required
- basic auto-electrical repair work where required
- strong communication and team work skills
If you have a non-excuses mentality, keen to get your hands dirty, have experience in the transport industry and want to work for New Zealand's leading truck and trailer rental and lease company, its time we talked!
The position will be based in our Mt Maunganui branch with a great bunch of likeminded team members.
For full details on the position, please ask for the job description at [email protected]