We are looking for a new team member to join our IT team as the Infrastructure Manager.
Going to work shouldn't feel like a chore, at TR Group we thrive because our teammates are driven towards awesome results and an awesome environment. No two days are the same here, and that's not a platitude - We go out of our way to ensure we look after our customers and are always looking to be better than yesterday.
We are the industry leader in all things trucks and trailers - lease, rental, training and used vehicle sales. Most of our team are what we call 'truck-nuts' - and if you're not a truck-nut, you love supporting them.
Since 1992 we have come a long way from a one-man-band to the team of 200 we are today across NZ and Australia.
The role of Infrastructure Manager has two key functions:
1. Hands on technical responsibility for the design, implementation, operation, and security of the technical infrastructure of TR Group and its subsidiary companies, including TR Driver Training and TR Group Australia.
You will be responsible for the following:
- TR Group on-premise and cloud compute and storage environments (primarily Microsoft Azure and AWS)
- TR Group LAN, WAN, and WLAN networks
- TR Group end-user Standard Operating Environment and associated equipment
- the TR Group helpdesk and associated functions
2 . Management of a small infrastructure team, keeping in line with TR’s client-focused culture with a commitment to excellence in support. This includes:
- Manage and mentor staff within the IT Infrastructure team to ensure business needs are met while maintaining a positive, healthy team culture.
- Work constructively and collaboratively with other managers and team members in the TR Group IT team.
- Support the CIO in building and maintaining a world class IT function to support TR Group’s business goals and objectives.
We are looking for someone with the following job experience up their sleeve:
- Customer service – your customers sing your praise, you have an outstanding reputation for being the one people want to deal with. You have a positive, pragmatic outlook, always looking for a win/win solution.
- You have plenty of experience and qualifications to boot - 10+ years of on-the-job experience and 3+ years as a manager in a mid-size or larger company, backed up with certifications like MCSE: Core Infrastructure, Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect, or similar.
- You’ll have an in-depth understanding of ITIL and/or COBIT and know what it takes to run a successful infrastructure team.
- Technically, you’re an all-rounder, with a solid understanding of servers, networks, storage, desktop SOEs, and cyber security theory and practice, but you also probably have a fair amount of expertise in at least one or two areas.
- As we’re a Microsoft-oriented environment, you will need to be deeply familiar with Microsoft products, including Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 offerings.
Personal traits are just as important to us, does this sound like a bit of you?
Willingness to listen and learn
Be receptive to what you hear, being present is in the forefront of your mind. You are proactive with learning and feedback and see it only as an opportunity to grow.
Adaptability and flexibility
You are someone who can follow directions one day and figure out your own direction the next.
It's more than just working together it's about collaborating. In our team it's not about who does the job, but that the job gets done. Literally, there is no I in team.
You know that honesty is the best policy and pulling the wool over someone's eyes never works out. Being authentic in your integrity is important to you.
'I get knocked down, but I get up again'. Even more importantly you learn from it and you're not be afraid to share when things aren't going well, and have the ability to pick them (and others) back up.
Nothing great comes easy. You don't believe in clock watching, you're more about getting the job done, and know things swing in roundabouts.
But what do you get out of working with TR Group?
We are a team, and we are a family. We look after each other in the good times, and the tough times. Our values speak to who each and every one of us are, and we don't have to have the words on the wall to prove it. TR Group is so much more than a business, we make a lasting imprint on each other and the community we live in. We are dedicated to personal growth of our team, whether that's new ways of thinking, doing or simply getting out of the every day to work on yourself. You can expect to learn and develop both personally and professionally, and we believe that the better person you are at home, is the better person that comes to work. It’s not just a job.
If you want to know a little more about us, check us out here: