An opportunity has come up to join TR Group as a Rental Manager in our Napier Branch.
Going to work shouldn't feel like a chore, at TR Group we thrive because our teammates are driven towards awesome results and an awesome environment. No two days are the same here, and that's not a platitude - We go out of our way to ensure we look after our customers and are always looking to be better than yesterday.
We are industry professionals in all things trucks and trailers - lease, rental, training and used vehicle sales. Most of our team are what we call 'truck-nuts' - and if you're not a truck-nut, you love supporting them.
Since 1992 we have come a long way from a one-man-band to the team of over 200 we are today across NZ and Australia.
You will be responsible for leading our Rental team in Napier. We need somebody who can guide the operations through the growth and changes, maintaining a happy, effective team. The rental operation can be busy, complex and heavily reliant on strong relationships – so it is vital that the person who takes on this role is understanding, quick on their feet and thinks of the bigger picture.
This position involves working with a wide variety of people, all of who relate to, and affect TR Group in different ways. It is important that you have the confidence and the ability to quickly assess people and situations, to win their respect and cooperation and to create positive outcomes that everyone is happy with.
This job will suit someone with industry experience who wishes to continue learning and pushing themselves as it carries a fair bit of responsibility.
The role in a nutshell:
- Leading the Branch, including the immediate team, contractors, external suppliers and the like. Your role has a key leadership factor, which stretches further that just your immediate reports.
- Relationship management with external and internal customers and suppliers. The Branch Manager is required to form deep understanding with their key networks, communication and transparency is key here.
- To take responsibility for your own personal growth and continue to be deliberate in upskilling in order to be a leader in your field of expertise.
- To assist in the training and skill improvement of the team where it may benefit the performance of the team.
- Although the physical work of the Yard role and the Rental Coordinator role is not done by you specifically, the overall outcome of the systems and processes of the branch are your responsibility to ensure a smooth and favourable outcome for all that they affect.
- Your supplier relationships will be next to none, our supplier network is one of the keys to TR Groups ongoing success. We focus on obtaining maximum value rather than minimum price. We believe in creating mutually beneficial relationships with all suppliers and aim to create a “Team TR” relationship with them.
- The hire of rental gear is part of this role, you will be mucking in and helping out with paperwork, outstanding requirements such as insurances/servicing/maintenance when needed.
- Where the team are in need, you are there to lend a hand – a team that are all able to pick up where someone left off is what we strive for, working together to get the job done.
- The ability to generate sales through cold calling, relationship development and management. This is also a key opportunity to guide and mentor the team in sales opportunities where you see fit and pass onto the sales lease team leads for potential lease business.
- To monitor the potentially damaging situations that arise with customers when equipment fails or is damaged requiring on-charges. To make sure that the TR team are tending to these situations promptly and correctly. Become involved directly, if required, to maintain good relations and resolve any disputes that may arise. To see these times of crises as an opportunity to build a good reputation and relationship with customers.
- Create a culture and build skills within the team to identify a sales opportunity when they see or hear one.
- With leading comes doing, you will activity participate in reviews, feedback, opportunities to learn and grow others and yourself. Our annual reviews are taken seriously, as an opportunity to show our team how much we care about their development, you ensure these are done on time and are of quality.
Working with TR means that you are dedicated to your own development, and we will help you every step of the way. Growing professionally and personally is as much of the job, as the tasks at hand.
As Rental Manager you will uphold the expectations of your team and yourself, you wouldn’t ask anything of your team you wouldn’t be willing to do too, and it shows. Someone that comes from a place of understanding would go well in this role, as looking at the bigger picture and where your team can take the branch, and where you can take the team are important. You tend to be the person who accompanies themselves with likeminded people – striving to outdo the expectations of your customers and do better tomorrow than you did yesterday.
If this sounds like a challenge you are more than willing to put your hand up for, get in touch, this might just be the role for you.
But what do you get out of working with TR Group?
We are a team with a mentality of “OneTR” Working together to achieve excellent results for our customers. Our values speak to who each and every one of us are, and we don't have to have the words on the wall to prove it. We are dedicated to personal growth of our team, whether that's new ways of thinking, doing or simply getting out of the every day to work on yourself - which all in all makes for a better experience for our customers. You can expect to learn and develop both personally and professionally, and we believe that the better person you are at home, is the better person that comes to work. It’s not just a job.
If you want to know a little more about us, check us out here:
https://www.trgroup.co.nz/careers/ [link removed]