We're looking for a top-notch person to join our Team at our Napier Rental Branch.
We are the industry leader in all things trucks and trailers - lease, rental, training and used vehicle sales. Most of our team are what we call 'truck-nuts' - and if you're not a truck-nut, you love supporting them.
Since 1992 we have come a long way from a one-man-band to the team of 200 we are today across NZ and Australia. With a grand total of 8,300 vehicles supplied and managed by TR we sure do stay busy!
The role of Refinishing and Maintenance Technician is a new/upgraded one, as we grow and get busier, we have a need for quality control and further skills that can take some maintenance work and make it easy. You will have experience with heavy vehicles, perhaps being a panel beater or painter in a previous life - with a golden eye for detail and know what “great” looks like when working with heavy gear.
You will be the type of person that keeps an eye out for what needs to be done around the place and doesn’t need to be told what job comes next, you think on your feet and have TR Groups best interests at heart and it shows.
Your day would look a little something like:
- Oversee all movements in and out of the yard - this is your domain, and you treat everything in it with ownership and care.
- Ensure customers are able to enjoy our ‘hook up and go’ hire policy.
- Ensure all vehicles in the yard are in a clean and tidy, ready for hire condition with all relevant licenses up to date
- Oversee all third party suppliers working in the yard. (i.e. tyres, mechanical, electrical etc)
- Work closely with the Rental Operations Coordinator to ensure correct vehicles are available for hires at all times.
- Maintain appearance of the yard in all respects, fencing, rubbish collection, buildings and gardens.
- Check in / out vehicles. including grooming, cleaning and relocation of vehicles.
- Ensuring, and working with the rest of the rental team to ensure, vehicles are presented in appropriate condition prior to hire. This includes responsibility for ensuring COF, Registration’s. RUC, Servicing are current and vehicles are clean.
- This job is somewhat a hybrid – between looking after the condition of the vehicles (grooming, cleaning, licensing etc), and also general maintenance of the rental fleet – performing basic and sometimes complicated repairs that ensure we are giving our customers top quality gear.
- Basic refurbishment of our rental gear – repairing mudflaps, replacing lights, mirrors etc. General upkeep of our fleet helps us to keep our gear moving, more trucks on the road means we are keeping our rental business going. This is where the “technician” side of the role comes into play.
Our Finishing and Maintenance Technician is a critical part of our rental team. It is up to them to deliver our equipment to the customer in a condition that surpasses their expectations. It sounds easy to say, but in many cases we are racing against the clock to prepare vehicles for their next hire. Often we have to clean, valet, arrange servicing and complete minor repairs ourselves in a time frame that leaves other companies astounded.
Having your class 2,4 and 5 licenses would really impress, however we are able to provide training for the right person - after all, we do have a Driver Training team as part of TR!
But what do you get out of working with TR Group?
We are a team, and we are a family. We look after each other in the good times, and the tough times. Our values speak to who each and every one of us are, and we don't have to have the words on the wall to prove it. TR Group is so much more than a business, we make a lasting imprint on each other and the community we live in. We are dedicated to personal growth of our team, whether that's new ways of thinking, doing or simply getting out of the every day to work on yourself. You can expect to learn and develop both personally and professionally, and we believe that the better person you are at home, is the better person that comes to work. Its not just a job.
If you want to know a little more about us, check us out here: https://vimeo.com/317889758