We are looking for a new team member to join our IT team as the IT Support Person. This role is a junior technical position - perfect as a first step early on in a career in IT or just graduated and looking to get into the IT world.
Going to work shouldn't feel like a chore, at TR Group we thrive because our teammates are driven towards awesome results and an awesome environment. No two days are the same here, and that's not a platitude - We go out of our way to ensure we look after our customers and are always looking to be better than yesterday.
We are the industry leader in all things trucks and trailers - lease, rental, training and used vehicle sales. Most of our team are what we call 'truck-nuts' - and if you're not a truck-nut, you love supporting them.
Since 1992 we have come a long way from a one-man-band to the team of 200 we are today across NZ and Australia.
The role of the IT Support Person in a nutshell:
Reporting directly into the Infrastructure Manager, the IT Support Person is customer facing and the primary point of contact for help requests, ‘walk ins’, and customer service from a help desk perspective.
The IT Support Person will keep a keen eye on the logging of help desk tickets and help to prioritise and assign accordingly. The technical support required will be across a wide variety IT tools, functions, roles and will help to create a solid foundation for a career in IT. You will be supporting everything from physical set ups, cell phone support, maintenance of systems/software, equipment and much much more.
Some features of the role:
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve or escalate technology issues, over the phone and in person.
- Install and configure hardware, software, systems, networks, and peripherals.
- Manage stocks of equipment, consumables, and other supplies.
- Plan and conduct scheduled maintenance tasks.
- Keep accurate records of asset assignments, help requests, etc., and produce regular reports.
- Jump into IT projects when required
- Proactively monitor the environment (systems, networks, logs etc)
Systems you will be getting your hands dirty with:
- Work across a technology stack that includes a variety of modern, best-of-breed technologies, including Microsoft Azure (and associated products), Microsoft 365 (and associated products, e.g., Intune), Cisco Umbrella, Meraki, Mitel, Veeam, and VMware, just to name a few.
Personal traits are just as important to us, does this sound like a bit of you?
- A friendly, positive attitude with a love for helping people - you will naturally be the person who helps to make people DOING their job easy.
- The willingness and capability to learn continuously
- You will look for a win/win when problem solving for your customers
- Exceptionally high standards with regard to customer interactions and work outputs. “Good enough… isn’t.”
- An understanding that this is a junior position and, while many of the jobs required will be hands on, they are critically important to IT operations and should be done with pride.
- Teamwork - It's more than just working together it's about collaborating. In our team it's not about who does the job, but that the job gets done. Literally, there is no I in team.
But what do you get out of working with TR Group?
We are a team, and we are a family. We look after each other in the good times, and the tough times. Our values speak to who each and every one of us are, and we don't have to have the words on the wall to prove it. TR Group is so much more than a business, we make a lasting imprint on each other and the community we live in. We are dedicated to personal growth of our team, whether that's new ways of thinking, doing or simply getting out of the every day to work on yourself. You can expect to learn and develop both personally and professionally, and we believe that the better person you are at home, is the better person that comes to work. It’s not just a job.
If you want to know a little more about us, check us out here: