We are looking for a new team member to join our IT team as our Software Development Manager.
Going to work shouldn't feel like a chore, at TR Group we thrive because our teammates are driven towards awesome results and an awesome environment. No two days are the same here, and that's not a platitude - We go out of our way to ensure we look after our customers and are always looking to be better than yesterday.
We are the industry leader in all things trucks and trailers - lease, rental, training and used vehicle sales. Most of our team are what we call 'truck-nuts' - and if you're not a truck-nut, you love supporting them.
Since 1992 we have come a long way from a one-man-band to the team of 200 we are today across NZ and Australia.
The role of Senior Software Developer:
The Software Development Manager is a key leadership role within the IT team and reports to the CIO. The Software Development Manager is responsible for the design and development of software solutions at TR Group and its subsidiary companies, including TR Driver Training and TR Group Australia, via management of the software development group within the TR Group IT team. As the software development team is growing, it is expected that the Software Development Manager role will initially have a significant hands-on coding component alongside leadership responsibilities (80/20), but it is likely that leadership responsibilities will overtake coding responsibilities as the team grows. Therefore, it is important that any candidate have a strong interest and ability in leadership and staff management alongside the expected technical skills.
We are looking for someone with the following job experience up their sleeve:
- most likely have 10+ years of hands-on coding experience and 3-5 years of managerial experience in a mid-size, multi-location, enterprise or larger;
- be comfortable working with and leading a culturally diverse software development team across time zones and continents;
- have strong interest in, and experience with, DevOps, automation and Agile/Scrum project delivery methodology;
- have experience with cloud development and deployment;
- have extensive experience with:
- .NET Framework (C# and VB.NET) and .NET Core / .NET 5
- SQL Server (T-SQL) and developing database-heavy applications, to include writing complex stored procedures
- DevOps / Git and CI/CD
- have experience in one of more of the following areas:
- Developing RESTful APIs
- Microservice architectures
- Docker containers
- have a strong track record of driving and influencing architectural change;
- have experience with testing automation;
- have an interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies, as needed;
- possess a keen eye and an appreciation and interest for product design, UX and usability;
- enjoy leading and mentoring a diverse team of software developers;
- possess strong communication skills, with the ability to distil complex topics into plain language that is easily understood by a non-technical audience;
As well as having the skills for the job, you just can’t beat a good attitude.
We are looking for someone who is proud of their work ethic, is dependable and ready to launch into a new challenge when one has finished. Be a positive influence to those around them, always looking for a win/win where we can. Someone who is self-motivated with the energy and outlook to to be autonomous in their job. You enjoy communicating, even though you mostly have your head in code - communicating with others is the butter to the bread so to speak.
Personal traits are just as important to us, does this sound like a bit of you?
Willingness to listen and learn
Be receptive to what you hear, being present is in the forefront of your mind. You are proactive with learning and feedback and see it only as an opportunity to grow.
Adaptability and flexibility
You are someone who can follow directions one day and figure out your own direction the next.
It's more than just working together it's about collaborating. In our team it's not about who does the job, but that the job gets done. Literally, there is no I in team.
Nothing great comes easy. We believe in getting the inputs right, to create wonderful outputs.
But what do you get out of working with TR Group?
We are a team, and we are a family. We look after each other in the good times, and the tough times. Our values speak to who each and every one of us are, and we don't have to have the words on the wall to prove it. TR Group is so much more than a business, we make a lasting imprint on each other, our customers and the community we live in. We are dedicated to personal growth of our team, whether that's new ways of thinking, doing or simply getting out of the every day to work on yourself, all with the intention to making the customer experience better and better every day.
If you want to know a little more about us, check us out here: