Shane has been with TR Group since 2014 as our National Sales Manager. He is responsible for leading the lease sales team, focusing on growing our asset base and long term revenue. Moreover, he leads a team passionate for trucks and people, making sure to match great customers with the right vehicles, each and every time.
Covid-19: TR Group's policy in relation to the cleaning, disinfecting, and maintenance of our vehicles by 3rd party suppliers
The safety and well-being of TR Group’s customers, suppliers, team members, and all New Zealanders is always our utmost priority.
With the continued spread of COVID-19 throughout the world, we felt it was important to provide you with an update on our business operations and our commitment to supporting your business from a maintenance perspective through these uncertain times.
TR Group is taking this situation seriously and we are doing all that we can to ensure your continued peace of mind regarding the supply of parts and services to our fleet.
We have reached out to our suppliers and have asked what they are doing to minimise the spread of this virus and to keep the lines of communication open. Here are some of the things we have agreed on.
- This is a rapidly changing situation, however, there doesn’t seem to be any parts supply issues within our service provider networks at this stage.
- Most of our suppliers have said that they have anywhere from one to four months’ worth of stock available, with access to supply chains in Australia, as well as aftermarket options.
- This may change due to the expected reduction of the number of international flights and sea freight, but at the moment, we are still comfortable with our supply.
- As for service teams, most businesses have implemented split shifts and breaks to minimise disruption and to maintain consistent service levels. Service bays are also being limited to one person per service bay.
Vehicle Cleanliness and Hygiene:
- We continue to maintain a high standard of cleanliness across our fleet.
- All of our service providers are following Ministry of Health and Government guidelines.
- We have asked that our suppliers wipe down the hard surfaces of the interior of the cab (steering wheel, gear shift controls, door handles) before and after repairs have been undertaken, using a form of sanitiser or disinfectant.
- We have also asked our suppliers to ensure that all appropriate PPE gear is worn and used, such as gloves and seat covers, along with the practice of social distancing.
If you click on the link below you can read TR Group's Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the Disinfecting and Sanitising of all TR Group Vehicles.
One of the benefits of hiring your fleet from TR Group is that we have a rental fleet to draw on when there is downtime and this will be used when and where it’s necessary.
TR Group will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as it evolves, but rest assured we’re taking extra steps to ensure your safety and well-being. You will receive updates as this situation develops.
Please remember our Maintenance team is still available 24/7, by calling 0800 80 80 69.
Please stay safe.
Peter Irwin, National Maintenance Manager.